Sunday 3 June 2012

Ready to start....

Round 2 officially kicks off tomorrow.  I've written up my meal plan, bought my groceries and printed off my exercise program.  I've made my chicken rice paper rolls for lunch tomorrow, and laid out my gym clothes.



My alarm(s) are set to wake me up bright and early.  I've done all my preseason tasks.  I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be - so fingers crossed I can drag myself up out of bed and stick to my commitments!

I need to get into the habit of exercising before work - I'm trying to write a research grant proposal before Friday (which means I need to try and finish a draft by Tuesday), and ideally I'd like to be able to spend a few hours in the evenings doing some primary study.  I finish this ward job in 3 weeks, and am going to Emergency after which means the return of dreaded shift work.  I want to get a routine established where I exercise before work, so that it doesn't matter what time I start... that's why I've chosen to follow the gym machines program this round, even though I've always preferred gym classes.

Well, I'm off to bed nice and early to get a decent sleep before all these alarms go off!

5 comments:

  1. Your alarms are classic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, it took me until alarm number 3 to wake up this morning - so I guess they're working!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon, love your alarms! I need to do something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it! Every time they go off, I have a little chuckle to myself.

    ReplyDelete