Sunday 17 June 2012

Banana bruschetta and a week of red flags

I'm normally dubious of cottage cheese, but tried the banana bruschetta again this morning - so much more delicious than I remembered!  Definitely a winner!


This week is full of red flags for me - it's end-of-term so I'm going out to dinner tonight and drinks on Friday.  I'm also going to a pharmaceutical company presentation with dinner on Wednesday - though it's on treatment of Acute Coronary Syndromes, so I'm hoping the food won't be too unhealthy (seems a bit ironic if it is!).


Next week is a bit daunting - my new gym opens, and I'm excited to check it out.


Already seems more fun than my current gym!

But unfortunately next week marks the end of my regular working hours job, and I'm going back to Emergency for 5 weeks.  Shift work is a tricky beast.  If the hours are regular and predictable, it's not so bad.  But this roster is all over the place, and doesn't make much sense.  Last time around I struggled, I made it to the gym once in the entire 10 weeks, and I discovered the 24 hour McDonalds near my house.  Bad move.  The 4am Big Mac is my downfall, so this time I'm going to be making a marked effort to organise and diarise to avoid any pitfalls.


The added bonus is that by being on shift work, I'll have some random days off to go and try out all the classes my new gym has to offer.  Cheerleading?  Why not!  Burlesque?  Hip hop?  Boxing?  These are all such novelties, I hope they can break me out of the Pump/RPM rut....

No comments:

Post a Comment