Sunday 17 June 2012

Blogger Challenge - week 2

I almost forgot to participate in the blogger challenge - I've been faffing about all week, not really accomplishing anything, so this week is about refocusing.  What better way than to evaluate my reasons?  Courtesy of Jayne - http://www.jayne12wbt.blogspot.com.au/


Tell me or show me! When and where do you workout? Are you doing anything different this round? Or is it your first time exercising? Is there anything that you'd like to do? but not yet done?


When do I work out?  Well, in my imagination I wake up and flit about my house putting all my designer gym clothes and admiring my svelte body before heading to the gym so I can run gazelle-like and serene at 5am every day.


In reality, I'm a bit hit and miss!  I've been attempting the early morning workouts because I tend to finish work unpredictably late, but there's only been some limited successes so far.  I work out at my local gym, because I'm not a fan of road running and I think if I went with the home exercises I wouldn't really do anything at all!  I quite like going to the gym, it promotes a good mindset - you're there to get the job done, not for anything else, so get on with it!  But my current gym isn't that well-suited to me.  It offers a lot of Body Attack classes, which I don't like, and not many other cardio classes.  The women's workout area is pretty sparse, and the shared area is dominated by pushy men doing supersets and using about 6 machines at once - god forbid you gently move their towel to use the seated row, it's the end of the world!


My new gym opens next week, which I am very excited about.  I'll also have to overhaul my timetable given that I'll be on shift work for the next month and a half.  


This isn't my first time exercising - I've been a member of a gym for about 6 years, and I've tended to average out to just one session a week.  There are times when I go 4-5 times a week and am really motivated, but there's also been periods like 2010 when I didn't go for 6 whole months!


Things I'd like to do are pretty simple
- run 5k without stopping
- do a push-up on my toes
- learn to swim properly 

2 comments:

  1. I love to swim, but unfortunately don't make time for myself to head to the pools! Good luck with the new gym...let us know how you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't swim at all! I can flounder around uselessly and maintain "head above water" but you could never call it swimming. It's more not-drowning. Learning how to do proper freestyle has been one of my adult-goals (along with learning how to ride a bike properly!). I'd be the worst triathlon person ever - maybe that should be my long-term goal?

    ReplyDelete