Thursday 21 June 2012

Exhausted

To be completely honest - round 2 has been a struggle.


I'm completely exhausted, my job has been crazy and when I'm home I just can't face the idea of doing anything except sitting on the couch or sleeping.


I feel like this pretty much all the time...
I have shiny new gym clothes and a shiny new heart rate monitor, but even that hasn't managed to persuade me to get up and do something.  I start in Emergency on Tuesday, and my new gym opens on Monday.  I've been using that as an excuse to not do anything this week... and unfortunately I've also been too busy to eat at work.  So when I do eat, it definitely isn't the beautiful-but-time-consuming meals laid out in the 12WBT meal plan.  It's more along the lines of sugary fatty badness...

Damn those Reese's peanut butter cups...
So I'm accepting that I've had some obstacles.  I'm telling myself that a setback is not a failure, and that I shouldn't just throw the towel in and give up.  One of my favourite sayings is "if you get a flat tyre, you wouldn't just slash all the others and give up - so why do that with your diet and exercise?"

I'm going to sit down on the weekend and do some organising and diarising.  I'm going to work some timing adjustments into the meal plan so I can fit it around my shifts, and I'm going to plan out my gym sessions.  It's not too late for me to turn things around and drop these last few kilos before the wedding.  And beating myself up doesn't burn calories like a boxing class would!


No comments:

Post a Comment