Thursday 24 May 2012

Usernames and honeymoons

My previous username on the 12WBT forums was "s4076612" - memorable, right?  It was my student number at university, and I figured there was no way I'd forget it.  

Well, I decided to change it to this round - so I now have the somewhat-self-motivational username "Trailblazer" - and I've chosen this for a reason.

My fiance and I have booked an apparently somewhat unorthodox honeymoon - instead of lying on a beach somewhere (which does have it's own appeal...), we have decided to go to South America.  We're a pair of nerds (after all, we met at university when I was doing my undergraduate science degree and he was studying engineering), so where better to go than on a cruise around the Galapagos.

Gosh, what an awful place to go... we'll be suffering...
When we decided this, we figured why would you fly all that way, and not check out some other sights?  I was feeling ambitious, and I agreed to hike the Inca Trail.  So now me, the girl who has previously posted about how she's never been able to run for longer than 8 minutes, has agreed to a four day hike at altitude in Peru.

It's a decent hike - but what a sight at the end!
So my goals for round 2 are not just weight loss - not only do I want to shed some kgs to look fabulous in my wedding dress, but I also want to increase my fitness so I don't die on the hike!  My username has been chosen to reflect my goal - I am going to blaze that trail, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it because I'm doing the hard yards now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment