Sunday 20 May 2012

Couch to 5K

This program has gotten a lot of good press - and the results are pretty impressive.  I've given it a go a few times, but have never gotten any further than about week 5.  So I can shamefully admit that in the time that I have paid attention (so not including when I was a child/teenager, since I have no idea what I could do back then), the longest amount of time that I've been able to jog for is... 8 minutes.  


That's right.  8 minutes.  About 1.5km.  And that's at my ridiculously slow pace - not to mention how painfully uncoordinated I am.  


This picture pretty much says all I need to say about me and running
My vow for round 2 is that I am going to start this damn C25K program again - and this time I'm going to finish it.  I'm going to run 5km, and I am going to be one of those smug people who can run in public wearing running shorts and a crop top.  It's on the internet now, so I'm going to look pretty silly if I don't follow through...

No comments:

Post a Comment