Friday 25 May 2012

Preseason tasks - there's one I've definitely nailed

I am a bit of a shopaholic.  My downfall is clothes shopping, and gym clothes are no exception.  When I graduated and starting working, I went through a phase of buying nice gym clothes (I figured it would help motivate me to go to the gym and lose weight).  And while it hasn't completely backfired - I do prefer going to the gym wearing my nicer clothes - I haven't lost the weight.


Which, while frustrating, has one positive side: I have got the "Gear Up!" preseason task in the bag.  If it was a competition, I would definitely be in the running for the lead.  I have my Polar Heart Rate monitor (though sadly not in the colour I wanted, since it had sold out at my local Rebel Sport and I didn't want to wait to order one online), I have an assortment of Lorna Jane headbands from when my hair was too short to pull back in a ponytail (before I decided to grow it for my wedding), and I have clothes.  Lots of clothes.


I have my go-to outfits depending on what class I'm doing - with enough of them to get me through the entire week without having to rewash anything.  I also have a few "extra" outfits for if I go for an evening jog with someone after work, or for it I'm too lazy to do my laundry in time.  I have three pairs of gym shoes - one pair purely for running, one pair for RPM (they were my old running shoes, but they were starting to fall apart a bit), and one pair of cross-trainers.


Gear Up!  ... sadly, I don't think I have an excuse to buy any more stuff...
So, sadly, I cannot justify buying new things for this round.  I have promised myself that if I reach my goal weight, then I can go to Lorna Jane and Lululemon to restock my gym clothes.  

Now I just have to work on actually waking up in time to go to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment