Saturday 26 May 2012

Gratuitous wedding post


 When we first starting planning our wedding, people told me all these horror stories about how stressful it is, and how they spent months of their lives driving around looking at things, so that by the end they just wanted it over.  To be honest, it was terrifying.


We seem to have dodged a bullet so far, and have actually found the wedding planning process to be pretty fun.  I'm a very decisive person, so it doesn't take me very long to make my mind up about what I want - which I think has helped a lot. 


Firstly, I had to design my ring.  My fiance has proposed to me with a Promised Ring - it's from a wonderful company called Ethical Jewellry Australia.  They source their materials from locations that are ethically, morally and environmentally sound - it's a fantastic company.  The Promised Ring involves choosing gemstones and an ingot of your chosen metal, and then you get to design your own engagement ring (see http://www.ethicaljewels.com.au/products/the-promised-ring).


My Promised Ring box - recycled palladium ingot, Canadian marquise diamond,  and fair trade argyle diamonds and pink tourmalines

My engagement ring
Choosing our venue was easy - I wanted to be close to the University to have our photos done there, since that's where we met and it has a lot of meaning to us.  I had been to a function at Hillstone before, and thought that the old Queenslander feel on the golf course was absolutely beautiful.


Hillstone, St Lucia
I already had in mind having a vintage look for our wedding, and since my fiance was basically in over his head when it came to aesthetics (so had given me free reign), I had decided on a colour scheme of champagne/dusky pinks.  However, the only date that was available in October (which is apparently a very popular month for weddings, damn) was my birthday. So we are getting married on my birthday - should be easy for my future-husband to remember!  While initially upset about this, I've now come around to the idea and want to incorporate it into our wedding.  We have wedding cake and birthday cake, and I'm thinking that at least I know I'm going to have a pretty great birthday party this year!


Reception hall decorations - Hillstone
Bouquet inspiration - Green and Bloom flowers
Vintage limos - Princess Luxury Classics




More hairstyle ideas - The Powder Room

Bridal shoes - Pedro Garcia




Birthday cake!

Wedding cake!

My wedding photo inspiration - Chris Hall photography at Hillstone

Our engagement photos 

Engagement photos






No comments:

Post a Comment