Tuesday 12 November 2013

Minor setback - overcome!

I woke up this morning in agony.  My left shoulder was spasming and I could barely turn my head or lift my arm.

I could blame Body Jam last night.  I could blame myself for not stretching properly.  I could blame our awful bed with the cheap mattress and pillows (leftover from student days) that we've finally replaced but the replacement hasn't arrived yet.

But that doesn't achieve anything.  So I dragged myself out to get a last-minute remedial massage - after which I could turn my head slightly.  Win for me!  Bought a heatpack, found the Voltaren gel, and settled in for a miserable day of studying and shoulder pain.

Luckily it had alleviated somewhat by the evening, though still very tight and uncomfortable.  I skipped Body Pump in favour of doing the 12WBT gym machines workout, since I figured if anything hurt I could always skip that part (but the shame of walking out of a Pump class... awkwaaaaard).

But in a small bonus - while walking out from buying my heatpack, I stumbled across a Tupperware stall.  I braved a Tupperware party once, it was weird, but I did order a coffee thermos that stole my heart.  And then it was promptly stolen as well, and I was devatasted.



Not anymore!  I even bought two, just to make sure if one disappeared, I wouldn't be left heartbroken again.  Take that thermos thief!

No comments:

Post a Comment