Sunday 10 November 2013

First day of round 4!

Round 4 of the Michelle Bridges 12WBT kicks off today, and I'm pulling out some last minute motivation.  I sadly cannot find a tape measure in my house anywhere (except for one that is only 30cm long - somehow I don't think that will fit around my waist...), so will be delaying my measurements until I can be bothered venturing to Coles.

But I have attempted cooking and thus far seems to have been moderately successful!

French toast with bananas, mixed berries and maple syrup - thank you Instagram for the filters that make my amateur plating look slightly more respectable!

I have also been emboldened by the imminent prospect of summer days and warmer weather to try something different with my hair - I have finally grown it to a decent length, so with much trepidation I asked my wonderful colourist to attempt balyage.

For anyone who doesn't know - this is what balyage looks like on a famous person

I love my colourist to pieces, and if anyone ever suggests I see a different stylist I immediately re-book my appointment to be seen by her.  It took me a long time to find a hairstylist I like this much, and I always cringe when she talks about going on a holiday.  If she ever leaves, I have no idea what I'll do.

Anyway, long story short - she did an amazing job and I'm thrilled.  Unfortunately my photography skills are quite limited so these pics don't really do her work justice... (but they did take before-and-after photos in the salon, so I may "borrow" them).

Unfortunately, great hair doesn't make up for being tired - this is my life for the next 10 months (exactly today - eek!), and it is exactly as exciting as it looks.







No comments:

Post a Comment